Thursday, March 5, 2009

Long Distance Dating...

On our last day in Chicago as we were walking back to our hotel, Jason made it official and asked me to be his " girlfriend ". I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember teasing him about asking me out. Of course I said I would be very happy to pursue things and see where God leads us.

Thus began our long distance relationship. Let me tell you ladies, long distance relationships SUCK! However, they do have some bonuses. For a few hours every single night, I had Jason's undivided attention. Going out on dates is wonderful, but you don't get a lot of time to talk. When all you can do is talk, it really is great for a relationship. We were truly able to get to know each other!

We covered every topic imaginable. I learned that Jason enjoys talking on the phone more then most women I know! Sure, we talked about our daily lives, but we also talked for hours about religion, sports, politics, traveling, churches, theology...the list goes on and on.

We also prayed together and read scripture together. It was a wonderful bonding time for us.

Now with everything, there is good and bad. I mentioned earlier that long distance relationships suck, because they do. Its very hard being separated from someone you love. Im enjoying the dating life right now. Its always fun to get dressed up and go out for dinner, go to a movie, or spend a evening sitting in front of a fire.

I truly believe that we had a great foundation by the time I moved out. I knew Jason inside and out, and he knew me inside and out. Now that we were beyond the " getting to know you " stage", we could enjoy dating each other, with the knowledge that God had brought us together.

No comments: